What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is an innovative type of dental care for a variety of dental procedures that is a safe, minimally invasive, painless process that reduces healing time and kills bacteria. This treatment offers a more comfortable treatment option compared to drills and other non-laser tools.
At Withers Dental, our certified dentist and hygienists provide a variety of dental treatments and services for all patients in the South Bay. For laser dentistry-specific options, our team uses advanced dental lasers to provide a variety of treatments, including periodontal treatments and Photobiomodulation (PBM) therapy. Our Gemini lasers help ensure that your treatments are precise, thorough, painless and effective as well as minimally invasive. During your visit to your local South Bay dentist, Dr. Brian and his team may recommend laser dentistry for your upcoming procedure.
Laser Dentistry Treatments
Laser dentistry can be used in a variety of procedures, including:
- Treating hypersensitivity
- Treating tooth decay
- Treating gum disease
- Treating root canal infections
- Removing gum inflammation
- Gum Reshaping
- Canker sore and cold sore pain treatments
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Lasers can be used for a number of dental treatments and may be the best option for a variety of benefits:
- Accelerates healing after periodontal treatment by removing harmful bacteria
- Promotes healing after scaling and root planing by removing diseased tissue
- Anesthesia may not be necessary during treatment
- Reduces gingivitis due to inflammation
- Recontours the gum line after dental procedures
- Relieves pain related to TMJ/TMD
- Frenectomy – Lasers can improve speech and the feeding habits of babies, children and adults by untying the tongue
- Minimizes bleeding both during and after treatment
There are many benefits of laser dentistry, with most treatments completed comfortably and may not require the use of anesthetic. Dental lasers shorten treatment time and healing time and decrease the risk of infection following treatment by killing bacteria. The Gemini Lasers we use are very precise, allowing us to treat the targeted area without affecting nearby healthy tissues.
Contact Withers Dental For Laser Dentistry in South Bay Today!
If you are looking for the best dentist in the South Bay to provide laser dentistry treatment, schedule an appointment with Withers Dental! If you have any questions, concerns, or you’d like to learn more about laser dentistry options, be sure to contact our Manhattan Beach office. We look forward to helping you achieve your dream smile with the best, safest, and most comfortable treatment options. Hope to see you soon!